My life is a journey...I never know who or what I will meet just around the next bend that will give my life experience!

Saturday, September 5, 2009

On This Day In History...

On this day, exactly 95 years ago, a great man came into this world in the form of the number two son of John Alvin and Ida Jones Davenport. My amazing dad was born on this day in 1914. Oh, how I wish I could see him today. It boggles my mind that he would have been 95 years old.

I shall forever treasure the memories of him and all that he taught me -- by example, by precept, by hard lessons learned. He truly is my "hero!" And I shall forever treasure being under his wing. Daddy, you truly are "The Wind Beneath My Wings!" And I miss you as much today as I did 20 years ago.

2 comments:

Kim Messick said...

What a great man he is! I miss him too! Happy Birthday to a wonderful Grandpa!

Aubrey Messick said...

Happy Birthday to my Great Grandpa. We all love and miss you!