My life is a journey...I never know who or what I will meet just around the next bend that will give my life experience!

Friday, October 30, 2009

Loggins And Messina..."Sittin' In Again"...


Ah, the memories! I think the first time I even heard of either one of these guys was way back in the 70's when I was just beginning to raise a bunch of teen-agers. By the time Kim got to college, they had split up and Kenny Loggins went his way and Jim Messina went his. Kim was mesmorized by Kenny Loggins and really got me interested in his music.

I first saw Kenny in concert at a BYU "Stadium of Fire" event in Provo, Utah way back in the late 80's or early 90's. He did an amazing concert. Dean first saw him in concert here in Oregon in 1998 at the Oregon State Fair in Salem. Both of us were fixated on 2 of his best songs (to us) "The Winnie the Pooh Song" and "Rainbow Connection."

Ever since 1998, we have looked for Kenny to be in concert again in Oregon. Well, we got a double treat on Wednesday evening, when Loggins and Messina came to Portland! It was part of their 2009 "Sittin' In Again" tour. As soon as I heard about it, I knew we had to have tickets and go. The best part was that we both were off that day.


We left Lincoln City in the afternoon and drove to Portland. We had a wonderful time, walking in the park, eating a fun meal, having a yummy dessert at a fun little restaurant downtown, complete with entertainment by a solo singer who did Sinatra! It was great.

The Concert was phenomenal! They played lots of their oldies but goodies and a few new songs, as well as each singing a lot of their own individual hits. The band was amazing. They had a sax player that was out of this world. All in all, we were greatly entertained and can't wait for them to come back again!

1 comment:

Kim Messick said...

Yep! I still love me some Kenny Loggins! He's had quite the career and personal life! It's been fun to follow him all of these years! So glad you got to go! He has one of the best voices - don't ya think?