My life is a journey...I never know who or what I will meet just around the next bend that will give my life experience!

Monday, August 9, 2010

Some of Life's Simple Journeys...


Somewhere between my age of discovery and my age of pseudo-wisdom, my #1 baby girl grew up and became a woman. Her journey took her from the cradle, through elementary learning and on into the learning that only life can provide. She began a dream through her college studies of becoming an Interior Designer and worked tirelessly for 3 1/2 years toward that goal.

Then, Cupid stepped in, drew back two arrows, aimed them very carefully at two hearts and Kim and Ken fell in love. Marriage and family became her new dream. Kim and Ken raised 4 beautiful children, sent them all to college (except for Scott, who will leave this fall for BYU-Hawaii) and then returned to her original dream.


On July 25, 2010, Kim graduated from The Interior Design Institute in Irvine, California with her Bachelor's Degree in Interior Design. It was a perfect day and this mother cried tears of pride as I watched my daughter walk across the stage to receive her degree. I thought of her dad, and how proud he would have been to witness this moment.
Kim's journey has been one of many rewards. She has persevered both in the raising of an amazing family and also in never letting go of the dream that consumed her all those years ago. Her words to me, after the graduation ceremony was over, were, "I'm not finished yet, Mom! I want to go on for my Master's Degree!"

That's my girl! And definitely her father's girl! It wouldn't surprise me if she went all the way to PhD, just like her Dad. Gotta' love and respect that girl.

2 comments:

Bracken and Bracken said...

What a sweet post! I am so proud of my Mama and so sad I couldn't be there.

Kim Messick said...

Ahh! Thanks for that post Mom! Hey, you did this same thing in your life too! And you became a Nurse!
I had good examples as parents...And we do what we can!
Love you!