My life is a journey...I never know who or what I will meet just around the next bend that will give my life experience!

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Friends...

Visiting with friends is always a treat, but when you are fortunate enough to visit not only with one friend in a day, but two...well, that is called a double hot fudge sundae kind of a day!

During our recent (September) visit to Solvang, and our visit to the Reagan Library, we were invited to my life-long friend, Joan (Tommasino) Trent's home to share a bowl of delicious homemade soup, salad and delicious bread.  I have known Joan since before kindergarten...that's a friendship of more than 65 yeas!  We first met when we were 3 years old.  My family had just purchased their first home in California and moved in across the street from Joan and her family.  It didn't take two 3-year-olds long to become BFF.



Good friends, good food and good company combined to put the whipped cream on that "hot fudge sundae" of a perfect day.



Whle we were visiting with Joan and Bruce, I lucked out and found another childhood friend's phone number and, as luck would have it, she was home.  The hour was late, but she insisted that we come by for a visit.  She gave me directions to her house, which was only 15 minutes away.

My friend, Suzanne (Klein) Gallo, lives wth her husband, Lew in a lovely community of town homes.  I haven't seen Suzie for probably more than 30 years, but we do keep in touch with cards and email.  I first met Suzie when I lived on Ashland Avenue in Santa Monica (across the street from Joan).  Her Auntie Ann lived 2 doors up the street from us.  Her cousin, Lanny, was my brother's best friend.  Another Aunt of Suzie's was Auntie Mahri, who was my dance teacher.

One summer, Suzie and her family came to visit Auntie Ann from Ohio.  That is when I met her.  We became fast friends.  She also was a dancer, and her family decided they would move to Santa Monica.  Suzie and I were delighted.  We danced together, we played together and we grew to love each other.

Suzie and I had a wonderful reunion that evening, reminiscing about the good old days in Santa Monica.  She is so beautiful and believe it or not, she still teaches dance.  Auntie Mahri taught dancing well into her 80's.  I find that so amazing.  I didn't want this evening to end.  Seeing Suzie again, was like adding the cherry on top of the hot fudge sundae.



But, like the hot fudge sundae that has satisfied the tummies of these grown-ups, the time to leave came all too soon.



Seeing two friends from my childhood in one evening was the best treat and one that I shall not soon forget.  These are moments to treasure.

1 comment:

Kim Messick said...

Sweet! Friends are the sunshine of life! So happy you got to re-visit your friends Mom!