My life is a journey...I never know who or what I will meet just around the next bend that will give my life experience!

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

In With The New...


I have been given a new page in a New Year to write my story.  Today "is the first blank page of a 365 page book.  Write a good one."  Will I accomplish that?  Will I write what is in my heart and the experiences that are going to fill my year?  Will I write a best seller?  Will it matter?

The past year was full of memories, and I tried to record most of them.  This year will also be full of making memories and I will record them.  I wish to list here some of the things I desire and pray for for myself, my family, our country.

     1.  I will endeavor to be a better person...to be kind to my husband and family and those with whom I come in contact.
     2.  I will endeavor to dig deep into my roots and try diligently to find the stories of my ancestors.  When I think that 100 years from now, no one will remember who I am, it frightens me.  I want my descendants to remember me and I want to know my ancestors.
     3.  I will try very hard to take better care of me and my health.  I am no spring chicken and health has become a huge focus for me.  I will eat healthy foods, stay away from sugar and chocolate, never let fatty foods enter my body and I will work hard on my exercise plan.
     4.  I will be a better citizen of my community, my state and my country.  If there is anything I can do to bring about the cause of peace to our land and the world, I will do my best to help.
     5.  I will not waste time on frivolous things...rather, I will spend more time writing about my life, about the things are important to me, and about my ancestors.

Today marks my 75th New Year, and that means I have been on this earth for three quarters of a century.  That is remarkable.  And I feel very blessed to be able to continue my journey.  I have had a very interesting life.  It has had its hills and valleys.  It has brought me sadness, grief and sorrow...but it has also brought me joy.  And "Man is, that he might have joy!"

My Heavenly Father has truly blessed this daughter of God and given me such amazing experiences that have molded me and brought me to where I am on my path through life.  One other thing I have to add to my list, is more study of the scriptures.  It is through the pages of those books that I find answers to perplexing problems.  The Bible and its companion, The Book of Mormon are my lifelines to an eternal perspective and (I believe) were prepared for us so that we will know of God's love and His plan for all of His children.

With that, I will simply say, HAPPY NEW YEAR, and may we enjoy every single day of the journey!  Stretch yourself!  Step out of your comfort zones!  Be grateful for who and where you are!



No comments: