My life is a journey...I never know who or what I will meet just around the next bend that will give my life experience!

Friday, July 25, 2014

We Are Living In Troubled Times...

Children of the World
In view of all that is taking place all around the world, I have found myself saying more and more prayers for our leaders, for the leaders of other countries, for homes and families, and for humanity as a whole.  But, most especially, I am praying for the children.

We are living in the most troubling times I have ever experienced in my whole life's history.  I can't remember another time when there was so much hatred permeating everywhere in the world.  It is like a thick, dark, suffocating cloak that is covering everything in its path.  Perhaps my parents could relate these times to the world they lived in during the Great Depression and World War II.  I can't answer for them...I was much too young to even relate to their fears.  But, I do know this...their children and their children's safety were uppermost in their minds.

Angel Child
Man has always been in the middle of the fight between good and evil.  It is the continuation of the war in heaven which ended with the expulsion of Lucifer from the kingdom of God to "reign with blood and terror" on the earth, where he would be ruler.  Fortunately, for mankind, God's plan has the weapons to fight this evil.  He sent His son, Jesus Christ, to free mankind from their evil choices.  He also gave us the agency of choosing for ourselves.

Son of God
Many of God's children have chosen evil, but more of them have chosen good.  And good will win in the end.  Meanwhile, we must be diligent in helping to relieve suffering, comfort when there are opportunities to comfort, feed those who are hungry, clothe those who are naked, give them water when they thirst, and bind their wounds when they cannot do so for themselves.  This is what Christ has taught us, and this is what is going to save us in the end.

A Little Child Refugee
I am a fan of Glenn Beck.  Many of my friends and family would not agree with me, but God has given me a gift to be able to discern truth, and Mr. Beck speaks truth to my heart.  Whether you agree or not, doesn't matter...I still love you.  Glenn is a man of great heart and acts on his promptings to do good.  He recently made a trip with his crew to the border and witnessed for himself the treatment of the children there.  It broke his heart, and it broke my heart as I watched the footage.  It reminded me of a song written by Kurt Bestor back in the '90's called, "Prayer of the Children."  Kurt wrote this song when he was returning from his mission where he witnessed war-torn Europe's crying children and it broke his heart.  Here are some of the words of this song which melt my heart every time I hear them:

Praying Child
          "Can you hear...the prayers of the children...on bended knee, in the shadow of an unknown room?
          "Empty eyes...with no more tears to cry, turning heavenward...toward the light.
          "Cryin' 'Jesus help me to see the mornin' light...of one more day.'
          "But if I should die before I wake, I pray my soul to take.

          "Can you feel...the hearts of the children...aching for home, for something of their very own.
          "Reaching hands...with nothing to hold on to, but hope for a better day, a better day.
          "Cryin' 'Jesus help me to feel the love again...in my own land.'
          "But if unknown roads lead away from home, give me loving arms, 'way from harm. ..."

          "...Can you hear,..the voice of the children...softly pleading...for silence in their shattered world?
          "Angry guns preach a gospel full of hate, blood of the innocent...on their hands.
          "Cryin' 'Jesus help me to feel the sun again upon my face?'
          "For when darkness clears, I know you're near, bringing peace again. ..."

          "Can you hear...the prayers of the children?"
               (If you are not familiar with this song, go online and listen for yourself.  It will touch your heart, too.)

Crying Out For Love


We pray for comfort for those precious children all over the world...whether they are the children of the enemy or children of our own.  Whether they are children who have been used as human shields while their soldiers are fighting with their evil an "enemy" who is full of good.  Whether they are children who are being exploited by our neighbors to the south to be used for their evil gains to over-run our country and confuse the people.  They are all children, after all, and they deserve answers to their prayers.

***All of the above images were downloaded from "50 Touching Photos Showing The Children of the World."  I found this sight while researching photos to use in this writing.
God bless our efforts to understand these troubled times, and God bless the Children of the World.









1 comment:

Kim Messick said...

God bless the children and those who serve and love them too!