My life is a journey...I never know who or what I will meet just around the next bend that will give my life experience!

Saturday, July 16, 2016

Only For Now...

This is the story of two paths which for a lifetime have traveled in the same direction, side-by-side, seemingly to enjoy the beautiful scenery along the way and each other's company.  One path, though the way was not always straight or without bumps, was reaching very near to its end and spent its days enjoying the lovely trees, flowers, streams, ocean shores and mountains along the way.  The other path found only playful fields and waves to splash in and enjoyed a very different world view.


One day, the two paths came to a seemingly high mountain to either clime or go around.  The one path, seeing the peril that awaited a climb over the mountain, chose to go around it in a much safer direction.  The other path chose to go over the mountain.  The two paths stated their views, but still the decision was made and they parted.


This is the way life is.  We think we know a better way, when we throw everything we have been taught in our early journey over the cliff and take the perilous road over the mountain.  Those of us who cling tightly to our values and the teachings of our youth choose to travel the better way, skirting around those perilous cliffs which can lead to our undoing.


Why am I writing this?  Because I see in these "end of times" days, many relationships ending in this manner.  I see our nation being torn apart by conflicting views...by those who want to ignore the values of the past and travel the hard road!  I see this in marriages that are torn apart by selfishness as one partner sees a better adventure over the mountain.  And I see families in distress, one pitted against the other with conflicting views.


I hold fast to my path.  I hold fast to the teachings of my fathers...both those of our nation and my own family.  This is what I believe:
     (1)  I believe in God, the Eternal Father, who is Sovereign and reigns supreme over His children.  He is my guide and holds not only the Keys to His entire Kingdom, but he holds my welfare in His hands.
     (2)  I believe in God's Son, Jesus Christ, who came to earth as a Sacrificial Lamb to teach us the truths of His Father's Gospel, and then to Atone for the sins of all the world.  And, not only the sins, but also all if the illnesses, distress, anguish, heartaches, whatever ails mankind...He took these upon Himself and in doing so, He bled from every pore as He poured out His heart to His Father in the Garden.  He asked for the "Cup to be removed from Him," but He knew He must go forward and do the Father's will.
     (3)  I believe that God, the Father and His Son, Jesus Christ, appeared to a 14=year-old boy in a grove of trees in upstate New York in answers to the boy's fervent prayer for answers to his questions concerning religion.  And from that first vision of the boy, Joseph Smith, sprang up a gospel that would spread throughout the whole earth.  A Gospel restored, even by Jesus Christ himself.
     (4)  I believe in the sacred covenant of Baptism by emersion by those having the authority to do so.  I believe that repentance is necessary to receive forgiveness of sins.  I believe in the Gift of the Holy Ghost, conferred upon a baptized person, by one having the authority to do so by the laying on of hands.
     (5)  I believe that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is led today by Prophets who love us and lead us by the inspiration and gift of prophecy.  I believe that they walk and talk with God and His Son, Jesus Christ, and that they are given instructions pertaining to the governing of the Saints in these latter-days!


There are many, both inside and outside of the Church, who would question most, if not all of my beliefs.  Be that as it may, I have lived through enough of life's difficult challenges to KNOW that what I profess is true.  I have had visions of my own and I have felt my Savior's loving arms around me on more than one occasion.  I have knelt in fervent prayer to ask to know these things and to ask forgiveness for my sins...both of commission and omission.  It was then that I felt His loving arms around me and He said, "Peace.  All is well." I have felt my dearly departed husband's hand upon my forehead when I prayed for forgiveness and to know he had forgiven me.  And I heard these words, "I do forgive."


And so, my path continues around the mountain, enjoying the beautiful vistas before me.  I don't know whether I shall meet the path that traveled over the mountain again, but I shall say my prayers for the other path, and perhaps on the other side, we shall meet again.

1 comment:

Maric Natalie said...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVl0TpsjLhU