My life is a journey...I never know who or what I will meet just around the next bend that will give my life experience!

Monday, September 11, 2017

I Never Forgot,,,


September 11, 2001...the day the world stopped turning!  It was a pivotal point for the U.S.A. and the rest of the world.  It was a day that many...most... Americans lost their innocence.  It was the day we opened our eyes and began to see what was happening in the world and what was happening here at home.  It was the day the World Trade Towers came tumbling down, victims of a viscous attack by foreigners.  It was a day my life changed forever.

Today marks the 16th Anniversary of that horrendous day.  Sixteen years...and I'm still alive to see the aftermath!  Since that day we are at war with a whole nation of Islamists. Since that day, we have lost trust in our closest allies and Europe is falling apart.  Since that day, we are hated by those who used to love and trust us.  Since that day, even here in our own Country, we are pitted brother against brother, color against color, Political choices against Political Choices, Religion against Religion.  Our hearts have been hardened.  Our dreams have been dashed, our lives have been changed.

Even Nature is pumping up her calamities against a land that has turned sour.  This September, we have witnessed horrific million plus acre wildfires in the Northwest; we have felt and witnessed "earthquakes in diverse places;" we are witnessing the power of Category 5 Hurricanes as they blast the Southeast--even Houston, Texas and surrounding areas, and the entire state of Florida blowing apart and many areas are under water.

As I age, my senses are quickly fleeting and I don't know how many more 9/11 days I will be able to write about, but as I stated in my first Blog, all those years ago--I WILL NEVER FORGET!  Will yo?

No comments: