My life is a journey...I never know who or what I will meet just around the next bend that will give my life experience!

Sunday, January 28, 2018

Beauty And The Beast...


Newport, OR has some of the most amazing talents.  Friday night (a week ago) Dean and I attended a local production of "Beauty And The Beast."  Twenty of the cast members were from our Newport Ward and the Director, Jodi Hannah, goes to my Church.  Her husband, Brian, was the man responsible for the set design and building.  He is amazing.  He also played "Lumier!"  (Hr was so funny!)

The costumes were superb, the set design was outstanding, and the acting and singing were something akin to a Broadway Show.  I loved Mrs. Potts and her little teacup, "Chip!"  And Belle's father stole the show with some of his humorous antics.  He is a good friend of ours, and we always see his personality light up the stage.

In my mind, this performance should have won an "EMMY!"

How are we so fortunate to have such talent in one small area of the world.  It takes me back to my High School days, when we were blessed to have Don Bluth (Creator of "Feivel", the little mouse that comes to America; and "Land Before Time"; and "The Secret of NIMH" and more!).  He directed such plays as "The King of Rio Ricos," "The Mikado," and others.  He also directed and wrote all of our Road Shows.  I was privileged to star in a few of his productions and, as a Ward, we had the time of our lives.  He later took his talents into the community and opened a small community theater in Santa Monica, CA and my sister, Christine, starred in some of his plays.

These are the experiences that the youth, adults and families of the Church will hold dear in their memories for their whole lifetimes.  I know I have.

No comments: