My life is a journey...I never know who or what I will meet just around the next bend that will give my life experience!

Monday, December 31, 2018

Three Grandchildren...Three Weddings...

I cannot leave this year without talking about three amazing events that will change the lives of three of my grandchildren forever.  Three Weddings!

The first wedding that Dean and I were privileged to go to took place on April 19th in Gatlinburg, Tennessee!  It was a very long trip for us, but so worth it!  It was the wedding of my Grandson, Brendan Messex, to his beautiful bride, Railyn.  It took place on a mountaintop overlooking the beautiful Smoky Mountains.  What an amazingly beautiful day!


I shall forever count myself as blessed to have been there that day for Brendan's special day.  He has been a delightful spirit from the day he was born and I have felt a closeness with him that I cannot explain.  God bless you both as you go forward.  I love you!

The second wedding took place in Pine Valley Mountain, Utah on August 25th.  It was the marriage of Brendan's big sister, Elissa Newby, to Travis DelToro.  Another beautiful day, a spectacular setting and a gorgeous bride!  I came to this wedding alone (and then spent a week with my daughter, Heather, the mother of both of the Bride!)



Elissa will always hold a special place in my heart.  I was there the day she was born!  I watched as the medical team worked hard to save both her and her mother.  It was a day I fell to my knees in tears and praying for God's intervention.  Prayers were answered that day; and from that day forward, Heather, Elissa and I have had a special bond.  Go forward, dearhreart, and be happy.  God bless you both and always know that I love you.

The last wedding...the one that took place just before our move to Arizona...was held on a beautiful beach in San Clemente, CA on October 19th.  I flew (alone again) to Santa Ana, where my daughter Kim picked me up.  Her daughter, Kellie Messick, was to be married to Jordon Madison.  It was a hectic time in the beginning, as Kim was so busy doing just about everything herself, working herself nearly to a frazzle!  Kellie is her youngest daughter and the last of her children to get married.
It was a glorious day and after all of the hard work, turned out to be a beautiful, successful wedding.




Three separate journeys...three new lives begun.  And to think they are mine and Gerry's posterity!  I pray their futures together are as full and blessed as mine has been.  Love is a very beautiful blessing given to us by our Father in Heaven.  It is powerful, it is trying at times, and the blessings it brings into the lives of those who have the willingness to nurture it and let it bloom, have far more worth than diamonds or rubies or pearls.  God bless these children on their journeys.  I love you all!

No comments: