My life is a journey...I never know who or what I will meet just around the next bend that will give my life experience!

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Catching Up...

 
 


Before my life's journey was interrupted by an untimely event that sent my brain spinning and my plans  put in a holding pattern, my husband and I took a break from our everyday life and went on a vacation to Pagosa Springs, Colorado.  For us, it was a return to a place in the mountains of Colorado that we grew to love a great deal, more than thirty years ago.

If you've never been to Pagosa Springs, let me recommend that you take your time either in late spring or early fall.  It is an enchanting place nestled in a little valley in the southern Rockies.  And yes, there is an amazing hot springs spa there.  Thirty years ago, the springs weren't as developed as they are today.  There were a few hot spots to go into next to the river.

Today, there are more than twenty pools you can relax in with varrying temperatures ranging from 105 degrees to 110 degrees and some even hotter than that (if you can stand them!)  And you shouldn't leave without experiencing a total body massage at the Spa.  It is a glorious experience and a beautiful setting.

But, I digress.  Our purpose was not primarily to visit the springs, although we did choose the Wyndham Pagosa Springs Resort to stay for nostalgic reasons; but our primary purpose was to attend Dean's son Eliot's graduation from Adams State College (soon to be University) in Alamosa, Colorado.  Alamosa is 75 miles to the east of Pagosa Springs.

Eliot worked very hard to earn his Bachelor's Degree In Music Composition.  He was a straight "A" student and earned scholarships every semester in order to accomplish his dream.  Dean and I, as well as Eliot's mother, Laurie and his brother, Billy are extremely proud of his accomplishment.

Eliot's graduation was a grand event.  He was awarded Suma Cum Laude, which means he finished in the top 1% of his class and it is an extreme honor.  After graduation, there was a party at one of his friends homes.  Everyone who attended had a great time and congratulated Eliot many times over.


Billy wasn't able to make the graduation, but he and his friend, Ingrid, came to spend a few days at the time share in Pagosa Springs.  Eliot and one of his friends also came and we all had a wonderful time together.  Ingrid is from Norway and is a delightful girl.  I think Billy kinda likes this one!  Hmmm, Norway is an awfully long way to go to visit!



Alas, as all vacations must come to an end; so, too, did this one.  Saying good bye to the boys was tearful.  But we have our memories to keep us going.

I love Pagosa Springs, and we plan to visit again next spring and perhaps Eliot can join us there again, since he has chosen to settle down for now in Colorado Springs, another lovely place to visit.

My next "catch-up" writing will be my memories of my 55-year High School Reunion, which I attended June 1st through the 3rd, in Santa Monica, California.

Ta-Ta, for now...

No comments: