My life is a journey...I never know who or what I will meet just around the next bend that will give my life experience!

Saturday, December 28, 2013

November...A Month of Thanks Giving...


For the entire month of November, each and every day, I posted something that I am thankful for.  In the beginning, I thought it was a daunting task, but by the end of the month I found I still had much to say and post.  Here are most of the things I am thankful for.

I am thankful for my life.  I am so very grateful that I have the privilege to be here on this amazingly beautiful earth and participate in the acts of daily living.  I love enveloping myself in the beauty of a sunrise and at the end of the day watching the sun dip into the sea (as it were) and disappear.  "There is Beauty All Around!"

I am thankful for my Heavenly Father and the knowledge that I have of Him.  I am grateful that he hears and answers prayers and sends the Holy Spirit to guide me, when I am not too distracted to listen.  I am grateful for His Son, Jesus Christ, who fulfilled His mission by coming to the Earth as a baby, grew to a man, and taught us truths that are written in the Holy Bible.  I am grateful that He did not shrink from His calling to suffer a terrible death on the cross, and on the third day, He conquered death and rose to give us ever lasting life.

I am grateful for the gift of family.  I am grateful for the ancestors who went before me and for their sacrifices to come to this land.  I am grateful that they found the Gospel of Jesus Christ and followed their hearts through many difficulties to get to the great Salt Lake Valley.  I am grateful for my grandparents and my parents, who taught me to be a disciple of Jesus Christ and look toward the Temple, just at they did in 1956.  I am grateful for my husband Gerry, who gave me a good life and five amazing children to love and learn from.  I am grateful for Dean, who rose up to the challenge twice to accept me for who I am and the children that came with me.  I am grateful for my children, who now number six plus one step-son.  Each one has blessed my life in ways that I cannot fathom.  I am grateful for the 14 Grandchildren (7girls and 7 boys) who have sprung up from the Henderson Clan; and I am grateful for the 5 (3 boys and 2 girls) who came into my life by way of marriage to two of my daughters (Debi and Heather).  I am grateful for the 5 Great Grandchildren (3 boys and 2 girls) who have come through the Henderson line; and I am grateful for the 2 (a girl and a boy) who have joined us through Debi's marriage to Bryan.  There is one more Great on the way in the spring--another boy!

I am grateful for my brother and two sisters.  They bring joy into my soul just knowing we are kin.  I am grateful for my mother and dad for giving me the gift of siblings.  And I am so grateful for my nieces and nephews who bring a great deal of joy to their families.

I am grateful for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  I have a very strong Testimony of the truthfulness of its restoration and all of its principles.  I am grateful for a Prophet who leads us today, and for all of the Prophets we have been blessed with from the beginning.  I am Grateful for the boy, Joseph Smith, who had the courage to ask Heavenly Father to lead him to the right church.  I am grateful for his fortitude to restore, lead and live the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

I am grateful for Temples that dot our world.  Each one is a special gift to the Saints and to their communities.  I am grateful that I am able to participate in Temple ordinances and do my part for those who have gone on before me--waiting anxiously for the work to be done for them.

I am grateful for the gift of music in my life.  I am grateful to parents who gave me piano lessons so I could be exposed to beautiful music.  I am grateful for the music that was always in our home when I was growing up.  I am grateful for the gift of voice so I can lift up my voice in singing praises to the Lord.  I am grateful for the music that is ever-present in my home.  I am grateful for Dean and his gift of playing the piano and the trumpet.  I am grateful for the gift that has been passed on to my children.  They all love music.  I am grateful for Billy, who has made his life's work the sharing of his musical creations with the world; and I am grateful that he is able to do so.  I am grateful for guardian angels who watch over Billy as he travels so many miles on the road each year; and for watching over all of my children in their travels and daily activities.

I am grateful for the gift of healing.  Twice in my life, I have felt the hand of the Lord in the healing processes of the surgical procedures I have had to undergo.  I am grateful for the restoration of eyesight after battling with the prospect of blindness.  I am grateful for the surgeons who were present to perform such miraculous surgeries.  I am grateful for the blessings of the Priesthood which helped me through a difficult brain surgery and took away the threat of taking away my life.  I am grateful for my own faith that assists in these times of need.

I am grateful to be able to live in this country, blessed above all other nations of the earth.  I am grateful for the freedoms that we have, earned with the blood of many faithful soldiers who fought so diligently to preserve it and bring it to the rest of the world.  Some of them gave their lives in the process; some of them lost limbs or suffered severe wounds; others came home heroes and set examples of what a brave American should be.  I am grateful for our founding fathers, who gathered together to form this great nation, who drafted two nearly perfect documents, "The Declaration of Independence" and "The Constitution" to put together this Republic.

I am grateful for the gift of travel that has allowed me to travel all over the United States and some of Europe, New Zealand, Canada, and Mexico.  I am grateful for the five states that I have called "home" at one time or another.  Each state has its own unique beauty...whether it is mountains, plains, desert, west coast, or rainy country.  I have experienced all of these, and each one has enriched my life.

I am grateful that I have been able to participate in the Educational process.  I am grateful for the Colleges and Universities I have attended and for the corresponding degrees that I have received.  I am grateful for a long career in Nursing and for all of the baby steps along the way that got me there.  I am grateful to Heavenly Father for blessing me with the gift of a desire for learning.  Life has been one of my greatest teachers and I am grateful for it.  Adversity has also been a great teacher.  Each time I conquer a trial, I come up stronger and more aware of life around me.

I am thankful for the Seasons and for the blessings that each and every one of them brings to the earth.  What a perfect plan!  Spring--the season of new birth when the earth wakes up from its long winter's nap; Summer--a season of growing beauty as flowers and trees mature and grow; Fall--a season for slowing down and watching the earth get ready for its long rest.  I love the colors of fall!  Winter--a time to rest from the long year of work.  I love the fresh falling snow on the earth, making everything so beautifully white.

I am grateful for friends who enrich my life, helping to mold me into who I am today.  Each one has brought new insight to me and teaches me that I am not alone.  I am sure there are many, many other things I could list here that I am thankful for, but suffice it to say that, if it is in my life, I am thankful for it.  Thank you, God, for everything!


No comments: