My life is a journey...I never know who or what I will meet just around the next bend that will give my life experience!

Saturday, August 24, 2013

On Friday, August 23, 2013, My Grandson, Scott Married His Best Friend...


On a beautiful morning at the San Diego Temple in Southern California, my grandson, Scott Messick married his forever sweetheart, McKenzie.  The date was August 23, 2013.  I am sure...in fact, I am told that it was a perfectly beautiful ceremony.  My heart and my spirit were with them, even though I could not be there in person.  My thoughts were in tune with the spirit and I felt a wonderful peace during the time they were in the Temple.



What can I say about Scott Vernon Messick.  He came to my daughter Kim's family after three girls; and I remember the joy that Kim felt with the birth of a son.  He was definitely a Messick...the spitting image of his dad, Kenny.

 He was destined to be an athlete, and as we all watched him grow up we also watched his interests turn to sports.   He followed his dad around the golf course very early and when he picked up a club, he was a natural.  He played basketball like his grandpa Gerry; and in High School, he took to Lacrosse and then to Surfing.

Surfing was his greatest love.  When he was out in the water on his long board, he felt one with the ocean.  And when he caught the perfect wave, after much patience, he rode it like a pro.

Scott met McKenzie in high school and it was love at first sight and they had that spark of eternity from the very beginning.  She waited for him during his year at BYU Hawaii and she waited for him during his two years in South Korea while he served the Lord on a Mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  It was only fitting that she would say, "yes" to his question of spending eternity with him.  None of us were surprised!

It is my wish for the happy couple that their future will be as exciting and wonderful as their past has been.  God bless you, Scott and McKenzie, as you go forward from this day and never forget to say, "I love you" every chance you get.  Stay as beautifully joined 50 years from this day as you are right now.



I love you, and pray for you, eternally..

2 comments:

Bracken and Bracken said...

What a wonderful tribute! Wish you could have been there ��

Kim Messick said...

That was so awesome Mom! We thought of you all day too! Love you and thank you!