My life is a journey...I never know who or what I will meet just around the next bend that will give my life experience!

Monday, February 15, 2016

Everything Crooked...


I'm sure everyone is familiar with the old Nursery Rhyme "There Was A Crooked Man"...well, I'm not even pretending to be that "Crooked Man," but I thought this would be an ideal visualization of what my AMD has done to my vision.  Because it has progressed to the "wet stage," this  is how my world looks through my degenerating eyes.  My world is crooked.

When this first happened to me, I thought of Van Gogh, one of my favorite artistsm, with his somewhat distorted images in his art.  We all know from his history that he had problems with his ears and vertigo, but perhaps he also had problems with his vision.  Perhaps he also had AMD.  Just an observation, not based on any truth or historical documentation.


Perhaps one day, through the workings of miraculous modern medicine, they will develop a permanent cure for this disease; meanwhile, I shall continue with the monthly injections into the eye and hope and pray for good results.  Perhaps one day my world will not be distorted any more, but return to its normal, beautiful scenes and the beautiful people in each picture.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm sorry that you have to go through this. With all my studies on it, i wish i could do more for you. Im glad you have a good outlook on it. The crooked man is so apprepo for how your vision is. Great description. Love you mom.