My life is a journey...I never know who or what I will meet just around the next bend that will give my life experience!

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Winter, 2016...

Winter came on with a vengeance to the Oregon Coast this year.  In the 10 years that we have lived on the coast, I have never seen so much rain!  There were so many reports of severe flooding up and down the coast and in the Valley, too, that I wondered if we might just be getting ready to slide right into that big blue ocean.   And, of course, with the flooding, there were folks who were dis-lodged from their homes...literally!  Poor souls!  Getting to them to offer help would require a row boat...one of those early conveniences we seem to have gotten rid of!

Nature is and always has been a marvel to me.  In my 76 years on this earth and living in the U. S. of A, I have seen snow that burred vehicles on the roads, ice so thick that you might just as well have gotten out of your car and put on ice skates to get to whatever destination you were heading to...or perhaps, this would be a good time to bring back the good old fashioned sleigh.  Makes a body wonder if perhaps modern contraptions weren't such a good idea at all.  Sometimes I think we would have been better off if we had just hung on to some of the good old modes of transportation for winters such as those I have seen in Oregon, Utah and New Mexico.

Needless to say, we didn't go anywhere for the entire month.  Dean was on Jury Duty, so that also put an end to any plans we might have wanted to make.  So, we just stayed home, sloshed back and forth to work, shopping and such and had a wonderfully warm fire in our "gas" furnace/fireplace.
I didn't take any pictures in January, because gloom and doom just don't make for exciting pictures and I wasn't brave enough to get out there during a particularly heavy storm and take photos of the waves crashing up against the cliffs and around the lighthouse.  I'm sure it was a sight to behold, burt I just didn't brave the weather.  Maybe some other time.

No comments: