My life is a journey...I never know who or what I will meet just around the next bend that will give my life experience!

Monday, December 2, 2019

In An Instant...


Your life can change...in an instant!  One moment you are on your way to celebrate with your husband the Closing of your Refinance on your home with a special lunch date at Red Lobster...and the next moment you area looking at the grill of a white pick-up truck coming right at you!  Then, BOOM, and your whole world has turned  inside out!

It was September 5, 2019, and it was my father's birthday.  I was thinking he would have been 105 years old today, had he lived!  I remember the accident vividly!  I wish I didn't!  I play it over and over in my head and wish it wasn't so.  But, I can't change anything...except my reaction to it.  I choose to have a heart full of gratitude...gratitude that I am alive.

In those first moments after the crash, I thought of my dad, whose life was snuffed out by an accident on St. George Blvd. in 1989.  His life wasn't spared!  He left us in an instant!  Then my thoughts turned to my beautiful mother, who was only 53 in 1969, and the car she was riding in was hit head-on by a drunk driver and she was rushed to the hospital with crushed ribs and both lungs deflated...she would be kept alive with chest tubes for weeks after the accident.  Her life changed in an instant.

Lastly, I thought of my first husband, my forever sweetheart, who suffered a severe Coronary event (heart attack) in 1981while driving, causing his truck to leave the road, crashing into a tree.  His life was taken from us in an instant and our lives were forever changed.

These are examples of some severe and tragic events that can happen in anyone's life, causing their lives to change.  The loss of a loved one, divorce, the loss of a job, an unplanned disaster (fire, flood, earthquake, or other natural disasters)...all of these and even others can cause one to sit and reflect on what you had that is now gone, and turn your sights to the future and survival.

In my case, I don't know how I would have been able to move on without the God\spel of Jesus Christ in my life!

No comments: