My life is a journey...I never know who or what I will meet just around the next bend that will give my life experience!

Friday, August 23, 2013

From Motorcycles to Motorhomes, the Oregon Coast is a Favorite Destination...


One of the first clues we get on the coast that summer is not  too far distant is the influx of motorcycle caravans through our town.  They come from the north and they come from the south and I envision that they have driven many hundreds of miles up or down the Oregon Coast on Highway 101.  They come in large groups, or they come with only one or two other companions to enjoy our little town.  And I smile.


I love to see their varied motor bikes come to our town, because I know summer will soon follow.  Summer brings many travelers from all over the country to visit our seashore.  They come for the week, or they come for just the week-end, but they do come.  The population of Lincoln City triples in the summer time.  Some complain because Highway 101 can get jammed with the influx of traffic.  But, I love to see them enjoy our beaches, hillsides and mountains.  And I smile.


At the end of summer, when all the kids are getting ready for school to start again, the motorhomes show up.  Now, instead of motorcycles traveling through our town and up and down the coast, we have the huge motorhomes, pulling their little cars behind.



There are many varieties of motorhomes that visit our area.  Some are small, but most are gigantic, like big busses. 
Whatever size, these homes away from home, are the indicators that summer is coming to a close.  And I, for one, hate to let go because I know what is coming.  Here on the coast, however, we will be blessed with the month of September which brings us some of the most beautiful weather of the entire year.  I think our motorhome friends know that!  I think that is why they come.  And I smile.

I smile whenever I see these reminders of the seasons.  I smile because you are welcome here.  I smile because I live in a place that is desirable for the tourist because of its beauty.  And I smile because together we can enjoy our summer season.


No comments: