My life is a journey...I never know who or what I will meet just around the next bend that will give my life experience!

Saturday, November 26, 2016

A Very Thankful Day...




Thanksgiving Day has come and gone, and our celebration was wonderful, surrounded by our Ward Family and friends.  I took Candied Yams, a combination of how my mom used to make them and how Dean's mom made them.  They were delicious and a huge hit.  I mashed the yams with butter and browbn sugar, poured them into a baking dish and covered them with brown sugsar and a nice layer of the little marshmallows.  I put them in the oven @ 350 degrees and baked only until the tops of the marshmallows were golden brown.

I also took some homemade Cranberry Sauce...always a favorite at Mickelson, Henderson and Davenport Thanksgiving meals.  The rest of the meal was supplied by other Ward members.  There was everything from Turkey, Dressing, Gravy, Yams, Green Bran Casserole, a delicious Corn dish made like Potato Au Gratin, a variety of Salads, Rolls and delicious Pies.  It was a feast of food and a feast of friendship.

It is hard to believe that another Thanksgiving has come and goner.  Last year at this time, we were enjoying the Holiday with Eliot and Tamiya in Colorado Springs and "The Lion King," Broadway style in Denver!  Next Year?  Who knows where we will celebrate.

Now, with 29 days lefdt until Christmas, we will focus on the Celebration oif a miraculous birth and LOVE!

Happy Holidays!


No comments: