My life is a journey...I never know who or what I will meet just around the next bend that will give my life experience!

Friday, November 14, 2008

Read any good books lately?


I just finished reading the newest book by my favorite author, Richard Paul Evans, titled "Grace". If you haven't read it yet, you ought to get hold of a copy and read it. Mr. Evans does an outstanding job writing about issues that really concern him, primarily abuse and child neglect. He has done a great deal to help protect children of abuse and rehabilitate them back into society through his many philanthropic endeavors.

The book is about a teen-age girl who has been severely abused by her step-father and the young boy who rescues her. There is a great deal in the book that teaches about the value of friendship and love and truly caring for another human being. It also teaches about the hurts and fears and trauma that an abused child goes through. I have added it to my collection of all of Richard Paul Evans' books. You will probably remember his very first -- "The Christmas Box" -- which is the book that started my love affair with his books.

Get it - read it - and enjoy!

3 comments:

Heather said...

You are the one who got me started reading his books and I love every single one of them! It's so nice to read good stuff that's wholesome too! Thank you for the suggestion!
Loves!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Oprah, for your suggested Book=of-the-Month Club must read latest good book. I also enjoyed your "Tour" of Lincoln City. Any hot real estate deals going on there? I'm about ready for a change of scenery--that's for sure!

Alvin

Aubrey Messick said...

I'm adding it to my list of reads right now! Thanks for the recommendation!