My life is a journey...I never know who or what I will meet just around the next bend that will give my life experience!

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

America has spoken...


After all is said and done, the freedom which we treasure as Americans has allowed us to express our choices for our 44th President of these United States -- and the people have made their choice. Whether we agree with the choice or not, we must be united in our support for the office which Mr. Barack Hussein Obama is about to be installed into. Let us not fall into the abyss of finger pointing and "I told you so" mentality, but let us show support for the office. And, as the above advice, which I wore so proudly throughout this election season says, let us not forget to keep on praying for those in authority over us!

God bless this great land! God bless those who lead us! If we have disagreements, let us voice those disagreements in a democratic voice, not with complaints. I so respect and admire my youngest daughter, Heather, who has the strength of a David in her convictions about democracy and echo her peace in her heart that it is God's will that we march forth into whatever the future has in store for us as Americans and as His children. If we stay close to the faith that has sustained us thus far in our lives and never falter, we will rise with our Savior into a far better world which is nigh at hand. God bless each and every one of you!

And on a note for California -- Congratulations on passing Prop 8, which my granddaughter Aubrey worked so hard for and gave her all in its support! God has answered prayers for California! And the people have spoken!

6 comments:

Kim Messick said...

Thanks for praying for us in California! I'm happy to say that our prayers were answered and our hard work was worth it! May we forever remain a free country...

Bracken and Bracken said...

Well said. Through all the trials this country experiences, I find comfort in knowing that God has a plan and everything is in its place :)

Aubrey Messick said...

Thanks for the shout out Grandma. I sent out a text to my friends and family today letting them know: "It's official. One man and one woman. Now all I need is one man..." Hehe! :) Good bless America, my home sweet home!!!

Heather said...

Yes, mom the results are definitely in...and although I knew it was coming, my heart is still heavy. I think maybe because I had more faith in the American people to be able to recognize evil, even in a nice suit and with an eloquent speaking voice. But alas, these are the last days and Satan is at work with a diligence in this great land. So it is our faith in the Almighty that must get us through and bring us together as we await what will be. I'm only saddened and scared because I worry for my children. As I sit here listening to your patriotic songs, I cry because I fear that it is only a matter of time before all of these songs are taken from us, as our freedoms are stripped one by one.
Love you!

Kim Messick said...

Oh, Heather - I hope not - maybe if we are obedient to all of His commandments and listen to our prophet we will NOT have our freedoms stripped from us!

ltandjbcox said...

I can relate to the thoughts expressed here. I wish I knew the truth about motives, inspiration and values. I do realize the words said during the campaign are mostly empty. I've heard various things that trouble me and I have decided to give the new administration the benefit of the doubt and pray for them to feel the weight of the responsibility that rests with them. Our 19-year old grandson expressed very mature ideas similar to yours. Upon reading it I took a different look at where my feeling were. Interesting that "a little one (compared to a 59 yr old) can lead you."