My life is a journey...I never know who or what I will meet just around the next bend that will give my life experience!

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Two Thousand Four Hundred and Forty-Four...


What do the numbers 498, 563, 629, and 754 have in common? Interesting you should ask! They represent the number of pages in each of Stephanie Myers' 4 books in the "Twilight" epic novels. The total of all of those pages combined equals 2,444.

Don't let that number scare you. Each book is a story in itself and all four are spell-binding page turners. You're going to find it hard, like I did, to put them down. Thank you, Jacki and Kim for recommending them to me. I have to confess I was hesitant at first to read them, but have not been sorry at all that I did. (**Heather -- you will love them, too).

I finished the last one, "Breaking Dawn," last week and found it was hard to say "good-bye" to all of my new friends. I don't know whether I became a part of their lives or they became a part of mine, but at any rate the Cullen family has been adopted into my family tree.

I have to praise the brilliant writing of the author, Stephanie Meyers. She knows how to hook the reader right from the beginning and was consistent in keeping the reader's attention clear to the end -- 2,444 pages worth. She made her characters believable and you could almost breathe right along with them. I for one, hope to see more of her works in the future.

One little side note -- the setting for the series actually exists! Forks, Washington is up on the northwest peninsula on the coast of Washington and the LaPush Indian Reservation is pretty close by. We have some friends who live in Port Angeles and they tell me tourists are flocking to Forks because of the book. I told Dean that I want to go see it, too. Maybe we will be able to go this summer on a long weekend.

So, having said all of that, I'm sinking into a few other books. I want to finish the Chronicles of Narnia series and I still have 2 or 3 Harry Potter books to read. I love books, don't you?

3 comments:

Bracken and Bracken said...

Glad you loved them!! Hope you're not too disappointed if you decide to see the movies.

Florene or Lori said...

Actually, I have seen the first movie and I actually liked it. Ah, but we all know books tell the story better -- always have, always will! I'm looking forward to the new movie, "New Moon."

Kim Messick said...

Great accomplishment! Did you hear that she was writing another series through the eyes of Edward, but someone leaked the first few chapters to the internet and she refused to finish it! I would have loved to read them. Jacki actually linked me to the pages, but I lost the link and haven't read the pages... would love to sometime.
Sounds like a good trip to visit LaPush and Forks. Let me know how it feels to be there...
Love you,