My life is a journey...I never know who or what I will meet just around the next bend that will give my life experience!

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Tip-Toe Through The Tulips!

Dean and I recently visited a wonderful Tulip Farm, which is located in Woodburn, Oregon. It was a bright sunshiny day, but there had been rain the night before, so the fields were a bit wet, but the tulips were absolutely breathtaking! Not since I visited Solvang, near Santa Barbara, California way back in the 1960's, have I seen so many beautiful tulips. There were every color imaginable and all sizes and shapes. I had no idea that tulips came in so many varieties. I wanted samples of every bulb they had planted, but had no idea where I would plant them!

The whole setting was a picture-taking paradise. Thank heavens for digital cameras! I think between Dean and I, we must have taken at least a hundred different photos. We plan to visit the farm again next year. We brought home two planted bowls (pots) for our enjoyment here on the coast. One is a white one, and the other is a red one with pinkish tips. They are both enjoying a nice spot in our front yard, along our sidewalk to the front porch.

All in all, it was a wonderful day away from the coast and the gloomy rain. Nothing like flowers to lift the spirits -- and we were blessed with sunshine!

3 comments:

Aubrey Messick said...

Grandma, I am soooo jealous of this trip! Tulips are my favorite flowers. How fun!!!

Bracken and Bracken said...

I love tulips!! So beautiful :)

Kim Messick said...

We went to Utah to take Kellie out for her graduation and there were tulips everywhere. Kenny commented that they were HIS favorite flower too! Love the photos...wish we could see more!