My life is a journey...I never know who or what I will meet just around the next bend that will give my life experience!

Friday, May 1, 2009

A New Book to Recommend...


I know, I know... I'm stuck on "kids" books! I loved this one. Dean and I saw the movie about 6 months ago, and I just had to read the book. As with every book that has been made into a movie, the book is always better. And this is the case here, too. Sometimes Hollywood just takes too many liberties when they make a book into a movie and they can change endings, etc., etc., etc. (I hope if my book ever gets made into a movie, they never change the ending!)

I love that it is a book within a book! There are some amazing quotes that I would like to share here, like "The world was a terrible place, cruel, pitiless, dark as a bad dream. Not a good place to live in. Only in books could you find pity, comfort, happiness -- and love. Books loved anyone who opened them, they gave you security and friendship and didn't ask anything in return; they never went away, never, not even when you treated them badly. Love truth, beauty, wisdom, and consolation against death." Oh! What wonderful words. I am one who loves to get lost in a book and this one certainly led me on its wonderful adventure minute by minute.

"Inkheart" by Cornelia Funke is a delightful adventure book primarily for children, but who says only children can read it? One day, I would like to read the two sequals that make up the trilogy. That is for another day, however.

1 comment:

Kim Messick said...

They say you may grow old, but you don't have to grow up!!! I would love to read this book too...