My life is a journey...I never know who or what I will meet just around the next bend that will give my life experience!

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas! The Most Wonderful Day of the Year!


Yes, it's Christmas! The day we longed for for weeks and planned for for months! We've decorated the house; we've sent out all our cards; we've sent our packages; and we've decorated the tree. We've been to a miriad of parties and concerts and thoroughly enjoyed the season. But, now it is time to spend a few quiet moments of reflection as we read the Christmas story from Luke and marvel at the thing that happened there that changed the world forever.

One small infant would make more of an impact on the entire world than all of the world leaders or celebrities or explorers or pioneers or any number of things that make the headlines on a daily basis combined. I love that little infant, lying in a manger. I love that Heavenly Father had a plan for us and that His Son willingly took upon Himself that mission, knowing what He would have to go through. I wonder, could I do such a selfless act? Could you?




I am so thankful this day for my Savior. I am thankful for Christmas and will forever say to the world "MERRY CHRISTMAS," whether they want to hear it or not. And so, I say to you and yours, MERRY CHRISTMAS! And in a few short days, as we bid farewell to the year 2009 and usher in the New Year, 2010 (boy that just doesn't feel right), I will wish for you and yours a blessed New Year.

God bless!

Oh, P.S. I did get the ornaments on the tree on Christmas Eve, just like I was sure I would. Crazy, huh! More like my mother every day!

1 comment:

Kim Messick said...

Merry Christmas! Hope it was a wonderful day for you! We had a wonderful day here...
Jacki sang us a beautiful song about Mary, and then everyone went around the room and bore their testimony about Christmas and family! It was the greatest feeling ever! We rejoiced in the birth of our Savior and His love for ALL of mankind!!!
Love you,