My life is a journey...I never know who or what I will meet just around the next bend that will give my life experience!

Monday, December 14, 2009

The Second Week of Christmas...Cards


"These are a few of my favorite things..." I love sending and receiving cards for Christmas! There is something about connecting with friends and family during the Christmas season that just doesn't happen the rest of the year. I look forward every year to receiving these little reminders of love and best wishes. Every one is unique and every one is filled with deep, heartfelt sentiments that linger throughout the New Year.

I love writing my annual Christmas letter and I love receiving those letters from my friends and family. Somehow it helps to keep us closer than the hundreds of miles that separate us and I can "catch up" with events in their lives.

I love sending and receiving Christmas pictures. Oh, the beautiful smiles of loved ones help to keep them close and bring back memories. And it is wonderful to see how the little ones have grown! My, my, how they grow!

I love remembering that it was the Christ child's birth that we celebrate and the beautiful cards that I receive remind me of that. I love to read the Christmas story again and again in beautifully prepared cards.

May we forever keep that tradition alive. May we never forget the gift of the Christ child whose birth we celebrate and His gift of eternal life for all of mankind. Oh, how I love Christmas cards!

2 comments:

Kim Messick said...

Loved your Christmas card!!!

Bracken and Bracken said...

Hope you got my card, we loved yours!!