My life is a journey...I never know who or what I will meet just around the next bend that will give my life experience!

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

The First Week of Christmas ~ Lights


Ah! The beauty that is Christmas! Dean and I love to drive around and look at all of the beautiful lights as people begin to brighten up their neighborhoods with bright red, green, white and gold glittering lights. I like to think of it as bringing back the "wonder" of Christmas. All things are in anticipation of a wonderful event that soon will make each and every one of us pause and wonder at the miracle of the birth that took place over 2,000 years ago in an obscure little stable in the Holy City of David, which was Bethlehem.


As we look upon the lights that brighten the night, we are reminded of the star that shown a billion times more bright than any other star before it or any star since and pointed the way to the place where He lay, "wrapped in swaddliing clothes and lying in a manger." Oh, how I love the lights of Christmas!

Our own lights are beautiful, but simple and I love the greeting we get when we turn the corner to our street and then in the driveway. To me, they are beautiful. I haven't snapped a picture of them yet, but perhaps I will include them in another writing as we get closer to Christmas. May we all keep the lights of Christmas in our hearts and may they remind us of the event that is soon arriving.

1 comment:

Kim Messick said...

Beautiful post Mom! I feel a little bad though, we are trying to simplify our Christmas this year and we only did one little strand of lights across the front of our house. They are white and look pretty though.
I LOVE your Christmas music on your blog!
You are awesome!
Merry Christmas!
I love you!