My life is a journey...I never know who or what I will meet just around the next bend that will give my life experience!

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

'Tis The Week After Christmas...


'Tis the week after Christmas, and all through the house are the memories of friends and family through cards, letters and gifts. We had a wonderful Christmas ~ and we spent it with all of our loved ones. Oh, not that they were physically here, but their spirits and love and good wishes were in abundance.

It was a beautiful day in Lincoln City. The sun was shining and we were able to walk just the 3 blocks to the "Myst" Restaurant for a delicious brunch while seated at our favorite table looking out over the beautiful, blue Pacific. The waves are high this time of the year. They tell me that it is "Surfing Season" on the Oregon Coast, because in December and January we get the best surf. I can believe it! But, I don't think you are going to catch me out in that c-o-l-d water! It must be freezing! On January 1st, there is a tradition up here that those who are brave run and jump in the freezing cold water of the Pacific and come out with arms raised high, shouting "Happy New Year!" Nope! Another "not me!"

The year is winding down now with only these two more days left and I am beginning to think about the blessings of the past year and my goals for the upcoming one. This is the time of the year when I reflect on these things and plan for the year to come with hopes and dreams and wonder.

Christmas week brought 2 deaths to my family, and that made me stop and reflect on memories with those two wonderful individuals. Gerry's sister Ruth's husband, Loyd passed away on December 22, leaving a huge hole in their 65 year marriage. He will we missed. On December 27th, my sweet cousin, Shannon Davenport passed away after a long struggle with Alzheimers and Pneumonia. I have so many wonderful memories of that little guy and am consoled to know that he is with his family on the other side and the best part is that he is "whole!" He no longer has to deal with an imperfect body and mind. He fulfilled his mission here on earth and will go to his glory as a perfect soul. I will miss visiting with him and getting him to talk about his little family.

God bless you all as we wind down 2009 and look toward (hopefully) to a better New Year.

1 comment:

Kim Messick said...

Happy New Year! Hope this is a better year than 2009 for everyone! One of our family goals for 2010 is to have everyone temple worthy and ready to greet the Savior in the temple when he comes again someday...