My life is a journey...I never know who or what I will meet just around the next bend that will give my life experience!

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Travelers from "The Center of the Earth"

The travelers (Dean, Billy and Eliot) are home from their journey to Iceland. They even visited an area close to the volcano where Jules Verne's "Journey to the Center of the Earth" was filmed many moons ago. They had an amazing trip, brought back a "bazillion" pictures and souveniers and memories that will last a lifetime. I am posting some of their pictures here for you to enjoy! Here, you can see one of the towns they visited and a horse-back-riding excursion on Iceland's native horses.

They visited typical mud-turf houses in the back country, saw hundreds of waterfalls, tried to "eat" the big marshmallow/hay bails, and stood under perfect rainbows! Of course, Billy had to "play" on the sculptures! Dean got a perfect picture of a Puffin. Isn't he cute? Lastly, is the map of the entire island -- and in 2 1/2 weeks, they drove around the whole thing (including some of the fingers poking out!)

I'm glad to have them home. I should have taken a picture of Dean before he shaved his 2 1/2 week growth beard! He looked like a regular mountain man! (Or I should say, "Viking" from the North Country!)













4 comments:

Bracken and Bracken said...

Wow I haven't seen Billy in forever. Those are some pretty amazing photos :)

Anonymous said...

Amazingly beautiful! I am so glad that you posted the pictures for us to enjoy - knowing that I will never go there personally... I love to enjoy the adventures through the eyes of others...Thank you! Really beautiful country=especially the waterfalls and housing. Cool.

Aubrey Messick said...

Cool pictures! Who knew Iceland was so beautiful!

Heather said...

What a great trip they got to take! Those are some amazing memories they're making. Thanks for sharing - tell Dean he did a great job with the camera! I guess quiet time is over now!