My life is a journey...I never know who or what I will meet just around the next bend that will give my life experience!

Monday, August 25, 2008

The Music World I live In


I don't know if too many of you know that I married a musician! That is part of what attracted me to Dean. He plays the most beautiful trumpet, with feeling from the heart! I love to listen to him play. He also plays the piano and has written a few amazing pieces. Sometimes, he comes home late at night after a hard day at work and just sits down at the piano and "unwinds" through his music!

Last Saturday night, he played his debut performance with the Lincoln Pops band as 3rd Trumpet! It was an amazing Concert. You can gather from the title, "Here's to the Ladies!", that it was all about their amazing collection of female singers. Their music is from the "Big Band" era and I loved every minute of it. I tried to take pictures, but it was too disturbing for the rest of the audience, so I opted not to do that.

These musical memories are some of my favorite things about my husband. He is always looking for a good concert or musical event for us to go to. Johnny Mathis is going to be in Portland (Aw, come on -- surely you know who Johnny Mathis is!) in September (my birthday month) but we both have to work, so we won't be able to go to that event. It's OK! I'll get over it!

No comments: