My life is a journey...I never know who or what I will meet just around the next bend that will give my life experience!

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Way to go, Billy!


Billy has always had his sights set on a musical career and has done a great deal of sacrificing in order to get where he wants to go. Billy has just been accepted into a "Boot Camp" for Audio Engineering, in order to take just one more step toward realizing his dream of becoming a Recording Master. He will be in Los Angeles for one week in November, where he will learn skills to improve what he already knows. I wish you could hear what I hear when I listen to his self-recordings of his creative genious. As he puts it, "everything in his music has a mathamatical sequence." He can go for bar after bar, for maybe 30 bars or so, before you can hear the "pattern" behind the intricate beats.

We are excited to see Billy achieve his goals, and this is just one more step in the direction he has always envisioned he would go. He's quite the "chip off the old block(s)!" Don't you think? You gotta love that boy!

Just look at him on top of the 142 steps down to the beach. I like this pose, because it looks like "success!" "Look, Mom, I'm at the top!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

way to go Billy! May the sky be your limit! Go Bro!

Heather said...

I think I remember you mentioning this some time ago - or maybe it was a totally different program that was really expensive. IDK, anyway, how exciting for him! I love his aspirations, and it'll work out for him...I have faith. Give him my love!!

Aubrey Messick said...

Thats awesome Billy! I'm sure all your hard work will soon pay off!