My life is a journey...I never know who or what I will meet just around the next bend that will give my life experience!

Friday, August 29, 2008

Walking in Lincoln City!


My Doctor says I should get more exercise; and for this sedentary old girl, who "hates" to do routine exercises, that became a challenge for me! But I decided I wasn't getting any younger and I could stand to lose a few extra pounds, so I opted to start a walking program. And it wasn't just a simple walking program, either! I decided if I was going to enjoy this daily activity rain or shine, I was going to have to do it with style!

So -- I don my MP3 player, put on some energetic music, lace up my walking shoes, don my sunglasses if it's sunny, and an umbrella if it's drizzling! Oh, yes! I almost forgot -- an importanit piece of equipment for me -- my camera!

Every day I take a different route. I walk for a mile or two for now, but will increase this as time goes by. And I snap pictures of interesting things like flowers or animal life or houses that I like. But the best pictures are of the beach. We have some of the most amazing beaches! The entrance to the beach at the end of our street has 142 steps down to the beach. One Hundred and Forty-Two steps! I'm sure in time I will be able to come UP those stairs, but for now, I just go down!


Steps (looking up)!

The rest of the steps (looking down)!

The following pictures are pictures that I have taken along my way. Enjoy! I'm loving this new lifestyle!


These horses are for hire to ride on the beach. Dean and I want to do this one day!



These house pictures are just some typical beach "cottages" that are seen in most Oregon beach cities. I like these two!

Here are some more that I took just yesterday. Heather! I need your help putting these in a colage format like you use in your blog! HELP! Anyway, it was a really fun day yesterday, because we ran into this guy who was flying these most amazing kites on the beach. Lots and lots of wind!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this post Mom! Way to go on your walking routine - one question - if you go down those steps - how do you get back home if you don't go UP them?

Heather said...

Mom - you make me want to come up there sooo bad! How nice to be able to go walk and just enjoy yourself! I'm determined to start walking Parker to and from school - it's just so hot still! And I LOVE the pictures. So to make collages -I had to learn from my cutest little neice Aubrey (thanks Aubs!!) there's a website called bighugelabs.com and it has a whole bunch of different stuff you can do with your pictures...some cost money, but the collages don't! They're super hard for me to figure out how to post though, so I might have to do it over the phone with you - or you can ask Aubs - she may know something I don't! Love you mom!

Aubrey Messick said...

I think my grandmother exercises more than I do. Shame on me! Love all the pictures. Looks like a beautiful and enjoyable walk!