My life is a journey...I never know who or what I will meet just around the next bend that will give my life experience!

Monday, August 11, 2008

Our Ninth Anniversary!



We started our celebration the day after our actual Anniversary (Saturday) by attending a local Siletz Indian Pow-Wow. Dean's comment, "the Southwest has followed me here!" I told him the entire country is full of various Indian reservations and tribes and Pow-Wow's are everywhere! He agreed, of course, but I guess it sort of made him a little nostalgic to be in the company of the tribes again.



These shots are unedited, and I probably should wait until I get them edited for better posting. Plus, Dean's camera caught some wonderful shots closeup, so when I get his card, I'll post them later.



We had our Anniversary Dinner at a wonderful, "posh" restaurant, overlooking the Siletz Bay. This bouquet of flowers was greeting me on the table when we arrived. My wonderful, thoughtful, always "the romantic" husband! We had a great meal, consisting of the best Pork Chops I have ever had in my life with creamy Sweet Potatoes, Brocolli flowerettes, a wonderful tomatoe salad with goat cheese and balsamic viniger, an appetiser of the best crab cakes in the world! For desert, we shared a custard, topped with caramel and slices of pear and various berries and a wonderful little cookie. All in all, the meal was elegant and we had a wonderful time. We alway like to say, when we are asked how long we have been married, "a total of 16 years!" Then, of course we have to explain the "interval." Life is grand and it is nice being married to such a great friend and just plain wonderful person! Thanks for all of the cards and well wishes!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful, romantic dinner - sounds so yummy!

Heather said...

Sounds so nice mom - glad you had such a wonderful time! Dean is always doing such different, cool stuff. Love you!

Aubrey Messick said...

Glad you had a wonderful anniversary together. I love the beautiful flowers. Are those purple peonies? I love them!!!