My life is a journey...I never know who or what I will meet just around the next bend that will give my life experience!

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Gift...


Fifty years ago, on March 26, 1959, Gerry and I received a most amazing gift. It wasn't wrapped in bright colored paper, it didn't have a beautiful bow, and it wasn't even accompanied by a card. It didn't cost the giver any money, and yet its value was priceless. This gift came from Heavenly Father in the form of a beautiful baby daughter. We chose the name of Kimberlee Laurie Henderson to be the name that she would be known as for her entire sojourn on earth.

Kimberlee was the most beautiful baby and brought into our lives a bounty of new experiences and filled each and every day with joy as we watched her grow. The most fun part was experiencing the development of her amazing personality. She was always a happy child and I don't remember her ever complaining -- even through a dozen moves in her young life.



Today, she is still beautiful, and still amazing. She has grown into the woman that I always hoped she would be. Gerry and I laid the foundation, and she built upon it. I thank my Heavenly Father each and every day for that first gift.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KIM! I love you more than words can ever tell and give thanks for the eternal nature of our relationship.

4 comments:

Bracken and Bracken said...

She hasn't aged a day!! I love my mommy :) Happy Birthday to the most beautiful mom!!

Kim Messick said...

Thanks Mom! That was really awesome! You're the best! (I don't like the double-chin picture so much - but it looks like it hasn't changed much!!! Hahaha!)

Aubrey Messick said...

Mom, get over the chin thing...I've got it too. Let's blame it on grandpa Gerry. i don't think he'd mind. :) Love you mucho!!!!!!!!!

Heather said...

Kim - we all wish we could be as beautiful as you when we grow up! You're amazing! And I think Aubrey may be onto something, I think that chin thing must be a Henderson trait cuz I sure don't see it on mom's side! Not like you have one!! You're beautiful just the way you are!