My life is a journey...I never know who or what I will meet just around the next bend that will give my life experience!

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Anniversary Month...


My computer is doing some crazy things, so I don't have access to all of my pictures, so I can't post pictures of all of the happy couples who are celebrating anniversaries this month; but I did want to write a little bit about each couple and congratulate them on yet another year together.

First on the list, celebrating an Anniversary together in Las Vegas, is Rich and Heather Tusko. They celebrated seven wonderful years together yesterday, June First. (You'll let me know, Heather, if I have the number of years correct, won't you? I do get forgetful in my old age!) I have watched this couple together and realize everytime I see them and am in their company what an amazing love they have for each other and for their blended family of 6 beautiful children. God has worked his miracles with these two, and though Heather says "Eight is Enough" I would like to add "Eight is a Blessing!" Being a mother of six myself, I know how my heart swells with each and every one of those beautiful, individual spirits and am so blessed by them. I know Heather and Rich feel the very same way!

Next on the list, are Dean's parents, Bill and Betty Mickelson, who will celebrate their 61st wedding anniversary on June 6th. Theirs is a life that I would love to emulate. They are not only a couple, but a unit that blend so wonderfully well together; and they finish each others thoughts. I love that couple. They have been my second parents for the past 10 years, and I have grown to love them so dearly. They are (amazingly) going to spend their anniversary with us this year, traveling (bravely) from their home in Lakewood (Tacoma), Washington to our home in Lincoln City. Mom is a miracle to us right now, because at Christmas time, she was on her death bed and we were sure we were going to lose her. But prayers and good doctors have given her more years to celebrate her life with us.

On the same day, June 6th, Ken and Kim Messick will celebrate 28 wonderful years together in Southern California. Oh, what a wonderful love story theirs has been. They were High School sweethearts who found each other again after Kenny served his mission in Ohio -- a match made in Heaven survives all kinds of separations! I have so loved to watch their story unfold and the blessings of 4 amazingly beautiful children grace their home and their lives. God will certainly continue to bless this union with many more years together.

I am going to include just a short side note here to mention that on June 7th, I quietly celebrate my own anniversary date. It was a day that I shall never forget and will forever celebrate as the turning point in my life. It is my own anniversary of the day that my eternal sweetheart, Gerry Henderson and I entered the Temple in Los Angeles to be sealed for all eternity. This anniversary marks 51 years since that date. There will be a time when we will mark eternal years -- won't that be glorious?

On June 12th, my brother Darell and his lovely wife Joan will celebrate yet another year together in Utah. This has been a wonderful companionship for both of them and I rejoice that two people found each other when life was so empty for them both. I have forgotten exactly how long it has been, but I think it has been 12 or 13 years together.

A couple of other anniversaries worth mentioning are anniversaries of good friends that Gerry and I used to celebrate with in Southern California -- namely, Lennis and Carrol Clark and Roger and Peggy Berg. Ah! The memories are wonderful and comfortable companions when you are growing old!

Happy Anniversary to all of these amazing and wonderful couples. I pray that your celebrations will renew in your minds and hearts just how blessed you are to have each other and will pour forth all the love that you can possibly muster for each other on this day and always! I love each and every one of you!

4 comments:

Heather said...

Oh Mom - thank you for the beautiful words in this post. Yes, you got it exactly right, 7 years. I actually can't believe how fast those years have flown by - I guess when you're where you're supposed to be, that's what happens =) And it's amazing to think that it's been 51 years since you married Dad. I can still remember celebrating Grandma and Grandpa D's 50th Anniversary! And what great memories of the Clarks and Bergs. Send them my best! June is the month for weddings and I'm blessed to be in such good company =)
Love to you!

Bracken and Bracken said...

Yes, Happy Anniversary to all :)

Kim Messick said...

Thank you for the thoughts. Too bad we were both so sick on our anniversary that all we could muster was a whispered "I love you"! But we have many happy thoughts to keep us going...
Happy Anniversary to all...

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary to all of you. How fantastic! Love you all!
JerriAnne