My life is a journey...I never know who or what I will meet just around the next bend that will give my life experience!

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Happy Birthday to ME!



Yes, it's true! Today I am 69 years young! (Yes, Kim it is hard for even me to believe that I have reach such a landmark.) When I was a little girl, I didn't think I would be alive even to see the turn of the century, let alone live to be such a ripe old age! Back then I thought anyone over 50 was ancient and falling apart! Ah! The misconceptions of youth! I feel better than I have in a very long time and plan to just keep on going. Life at this end of the calendar is actually better than I ever could have imagined it to be!



I want to take this time to personally thank all of you who have expressed your greetings on my Birthday. And to all of you who come to visit me for a little while here in my little blog and leave with me your wonderful comments, a great big THANK YOU! You don't know how wonderful it is to read what everyone has to say. It warms my heart and keeps loved ones close. And to those who can't figure out how to leave a comment -- not to worry, I appreciate your visits, too.

I have to share a wonderful card that I got from my little sister, Patti! It is one of those Hallmark "talking, music" cards that you can record your voice on. When I opened it up I heard Patti's voice wishing me a happy birthday. I cried, it was so neat! Now, whenever I miss my little sister and want to hear her voice, all I have to do is open that little card. It is a keeper!




Again, THANK YOU ALL! Now, I'm going to go out and enjoy my day!

4 comments:

Aubrey Messick said...

Happy Birthday Grandma! I love you and hope your day is extra special!

Kim Messick said...

Happy Happy Birthday Mom! Sorry I thought you were on your 70th birthday!!! I thought you were 20 when you had me?! What's up with that? Hope you had a great day!!!!
XOXO
Love you lots!

Bracken and Bracken said...

Happy Birthday Grandma! You're about to be a Great-Grandma, it's only fitting you're another year older :) We love you!

Heather said...

Happy Birthday indeed! I'm sorry I was so late calling you, it was a busy day, as usual! I hope it was everything you wanted it to be!
Much love!