My life is a journey...I never know who or what I will meet just around the next bend that will give my life experience!

Thursday, September 11, 2008

September 11, 2008/SEVEN YEARS!


Dean and I have the privilege tonight to be a part of an amazing Requiem which is going to commemorate the needless loss of lives that took place on 9/11/2001. In my heart, I don't believe there is a single American alive today, who was also alive on that awful day, that doesn't pause and reflect on their individual memories of that day. Where were you? Do you remember exactly what you were doing? I do, as though it were yesterday! I have not forgotten!

"Those awful moments of 9/11/2001 are forever emblasoned on the hearts of every American. Our hearts were broken, but our spirits were left intact. Americans are a proud nation, and we are pulling together like never before. I examine my feelings over the past several days, and recognize a handful of emotions that I am sure every american has been experiencing. SHOCK -- ANGER -- LOVE -- CONCERN -- PAIN -- COMPASSION" -- These are all the emotions I felt and still feel. (From my poem and writing of 9/11/2001)

"God help us treasure our freedoms and meet each new day with resolve. And help us protect and defend our country, firm in the commitment to be better Americans. Lest we forget!" (From a poem I wrote on 9/11/2002.)

I pray we never forget that awful moment that made us all pause and reflect on the American way of life as we know it. Today, many have forgotten and are as complacent as ever, and that is a shame. I am so proud to be a part of this wonderful program tonight. I wish everyone could be here to witness it.

Fly your flag today! And God Bless America!

3 comments:

Heather said...

I wish I could be there to hear your concert. I'm so grateful that I have such a great mom, I guess I know where I got my passion and patriotism from! You did a great job with us!
God Bless America and you!
Heather
P.S.
I love your new song additions!!

Anonymous said...

Lori, I would love a copy of the poem you wrote. Would you please email me a copy? Thank you.
As for that historic, fateful day of 9/11 I shall never forget exactly where I was nor what I was doing. (A deja vu of JFK's assassination.) When I work up the emotional courage to put it all in writing, I will mail my feelings to you.
Please keep up with your Ongoing Journey on here--it always "makes my day"!

Kim Messick said...

Thanks Mom for helping me to remember - I will not forget that day when I was standing in the kitchen making lunches for my kids to take to school and thinking about my plans for that day - which included another flying lesson preparing for my solo...which of course never took place that day after I witnessed what a terrible event had just taken place in New York City!
May we always remember those brave ones who tried to rescue the survivors also...
I love our country and all that it affords for me and my family!