My life is a journey...I never know who or what I will meet just around the next bend that will give my life experience!

Saturday, September 20, 2008

My Journey in Rowland Heights ~ Heather!

Click to play Heather's life in Calif.
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow


Heather came into our lives on a beautiful summer day, August 2, 1972. Actually, she was born at 10:30 at night in St. Jude Hospital in Fullerton, California. She was an adorable baby (but then, all of our babies were "adorable!") She was also an answer to many prayers. You see, there was an 8 year stretch in our household with no babies! JerriAnne was 8 years old when Heather joined our family.

One interesting little tidbit -- on the night Gerry took me to the hospital and waited for Heather to be born, he returned home late to help our little Poodle/Poo "Bridget" deliver three little puppies! We kept one of them for Heather!

Heather was never without an abundance of attention in our household. All of the kids adored her -- well, maybe Mark wasn't too crazy about her because he wanted a little brother! Poor Mark! It seems that he will never get his little brother. He is 12 years old, and actually losing interest!

Heather grew up all to quickly, but we all enjoyed her immensely. She did all the fun things that little babies do, like crawl, then walk, then get into everything she could possibly think of to get into! She learned to ride a tricycle, and then a bicycle on our hilly street. I remember one time, she ran into a parked car going down the hill, because she didn't know how to coordinate stopping with peddling! (Not to worry, Heather, your big brother ran into a picket fence in Salt Lake City, doing the same thing!)

She loved her dolls! and on any given day, you would see her cuddling one or carrying it around the house. There was something else that she loved. She loved her thumb! Whenever she would suck her thumb, she would rub on her nipple on her bottle with the other hand. It was funny to see her carry that bottle all around the house by the nipple. Later, she discovered that grapes on our coffee table were soft, just like her nipples. Then, she would stand next to the table, sucking her thumb and rubbing on a grape. It didn't take her long to discover that the grapes came off of the cluster, so she would pull one off and walk around the house with it.

Those grapes turned up everywhere, and the cluster grew skinnier and skinnier over time until I had to throw them away! We would find them under the couch, under the bed, outside in the yard, and once when I was going to the drug store, low and behold, I found one in the parking lot! Heather was there! And I had to smile!

Heather spent the first nine years of her life in Rowland Heights. When she was eight years old, her father Baptised her into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. She was so excited to have that day come. We are so blessed to have Heather in our family.

These are just a few of our memories of Heather in Rowland Heights. Come back for the next installment of the journey that has been my life.

3 comments:

Kim Messick said...

Loved the little slide show of Heather! Yes, she was an adorable baby and I loved calling her my "Hedda Fedda". I loved being her other mommy too!
Love you lots Heather!
Kim

Becky Montoya Wright said...

That was GREAT! No pressure, but mom (Joyce Cox) if you read this post, I would like a slide show of me with a little reminiscent glimpse on your blog.

Heather said...

Thanks for making me cry mom!! That was sooo cute. I'm sorry I've been such a bad blogger lately, my life is just crazy as you know, and sometimes days turn into weeks before I know it!
Love you!!!