My life is a journey...I never know who or what I will meet just around the next bend that will give my life experience!

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

An Amazing Concert...



I don't know how many of you are familiar with the music that is coming out of Iceland, but last night Dean took me to a concert of one of the bands called "Sigur Ros" that we were introduced to way back in 2002. They are the ones who have had the biggest influence on Billy and his music. Now, you have to understand that my generation grew up with "Big Bands" and the romantic music of "Johnny Mathis" and "Barbara Streisand," etc.; but I do have a little maverick in me because I can appreciate all kinds of music. This amazing band is multi-talented. They are all experts in a variety of instruments and their drummer is absolutely crazy!



AND, you all know that Dean and Billy and Eliot took a trip to Iceland this past summer and in driving all the way around the entire Island of Iceland (over 3200 kilometers in 17 days!) they visited several of the sites where Sigur Ros had filmed for their video "Heime (Home)." This made the concert especially important to Dean. He even wore his Iceland sweater.



Even though the concert was top notch, the best was yet to come! Dean had brought some of his better pictures from Iceland with him (8 x 10's) and we took them to the stage door to ask the guy on duty there (George M.) if he could get them to Sigur Ros to sign them for us. He was very kind and he did that for us. We stood at the Stage Door lobby and waited and waited, until the drummer came out and introduced himself to us. He recognized Dean's sweater as Icelandic and we talked, and in fact he said he had spotted the sweater in the audience from the stage! He got us Stage Passes and took us back to their private party and we met the bass player "Goggi" and talked with him for quite a while. We even got our pictures taken with him! Then, the pictures were located and they were all signed! It was a great experience. I wish Billy could have been there for that. He would have loved it.





All in all, it was an amazing evening and one that we will not soon forget. My amazing husband does some of the craziest things that turn out to be quite unbelievable memories! Thanks, Dean!

2 comments:

ltandjbcox said...

Happy Belated birthday. Your concert life has been extrodinaire here lately; singing in and attending . . .both. Have a great 69th year!!

Heather said...

Very cool Mom! I guess his craziness pays off sometimes eh? Guess who I found on the internet, by the way?! Jessica Buck from Taos! And another Jesika I went to Taos Middle School/High School with! They're both on Facebook - I've become somewhat of a junkie! I've found so many old friends it's incredible! So anyway, Jessica Buck is married and lives in Crested Butte, CO, owns a preschool and has a little girl named Amelia (beautiful).
I kinda like this music too! It's different and kinda refreshing!
Hope you're not working too hard!
Loves!