My life is a journey...I never know who or what I will meet just around the next bend that will give my life experience!

Thursday, October 9, 2008

I'm a Great Grandma!


Last night (October 8, 2008), at 11:45 pm, my granddaughter, Jacki, had (I am told) a beautiful baby boy, weighing in at 7# 4oz, and 18" long. She had to have C-Section, because he was a stubborn little guy and just wanted to hang out in the breech position. The name they chose for him is Dallen Scott Bracken. With a name like that, he will probably grow up to be an Attorney, like his dad! Both mom and babe are doing fine. I haven't heard how "dad" is doing, but I imagine he is walking around without touching the ground! When I get pictures, I will post them!

With this birth, there are a lot of firsts! Jacki is a first-time mom, her mom (Kim, who is my first born) is a first-time grandma, I am a first-time great-grandma, my mom would be so proud to be a first-time great-great-grandma, and there are a number of first time aunts, uncles, great-aunts and great-uncles! What a joyous day this is. I'm still pinching myself. I have had 9 months to get used to this title, and it really is a neat one. Another generation has been added to our bulging family tree! I wish Gerry could have been here to witness this momentous event! Life is good!

1 comment:

Aubrey Messick said...

Congratulations Great Grandma!!! What an exciting time this is for all of us. I've recently posted some pictures on mine and Jacki's blogs for you to take a look. Love you lots!