My life is a journey...I never know who or what I will meet just around the next bend that will give my life experience!

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Happy Birthday, Dean


It was a day like any other, but in reality it was a really special day, because it was Dean's birthday yesterday, October 25th! Since we are smack in the middle of the moving "blahs," our new house didn't look much like a birthday celebration house at all. But, we made a day of it just for him! I put aside all of the things that I had to do to try and organize cupboards, etc., and dedicated the day to Dean! We celebrated by going downtown to watch an incredible glass blower make some amazing creation with glass and color into a beautiful paper weight. This particular place located on the highway in the Taft area of Lincoln City offers classes in glass blowing as well as being able to participate in making your own creation. We have promised ourselves to do just that -- and one day we will create our own glass float!

Prior to watching the glass creator, we were across the street shopping in the glass shop that sold the creations from the glass creation "lab," where they were displaying the most amazing glass pumpkins. Just as soon as I get those pictures that we took downloaded into the computer, I will include them in another blog. We bought a beautiful orange pumpkin in glass! It is amazing!

After our glass experience, we went out to dinner at one of our favorite spots, The Roadhouse 101" and watched and listened to some pretty amazing entertainment. The coast is never without entertainment of some sort and we are always on the look out for anything new.

All in all, it was a nice birthday for my sweetheart and we closed the day feeling like we had celebrated sufficiently. Happy Birthday, Dean!

3 comments:

Kim Messick said...

Happy Birthday Dean! I'm sure it was a good one!

Bracken and Bracken said...

Lots of b-days in October :) Hope it was a good one!! Happy Birthday

Heather said...

Apologize to Dean for me for being such a bad step-daughter! I did put his card in the mail...I promise! I'm always late at everything! I'm glad it was a nice day for him! Give him my love!